- I will admit that warming has been much slower than we expected
- I will admit that recent sea level rise is nothing unusual or threatening
- I will admit that our forecasts of declining snow cover were wrong
- I will admit that Arctic temperatures are cyclical, and that we have no idea what will happen to Arctic ice over the next 50 years
- I will admit that our forecasts of Antarctic warming have been a total failure.
- I will admit that Polar Bear populations are not threatened
- I will admit that climate models have demonstrated no skill, and are nothing more than research projects
- I will admit there was a Medieval Warm Period
- I will admit that that there was a Little Ice Age
- I will stop pretending that we don’t have climate records prior to 1970
- I will admit that the surface temperature record has been manipulated and is contaminated by UHI
- I will stop making up data where none exists
- I will honestly face skeptics in open debate.
- I will quit trying to stop skeptics from being published
- I will admit that glaciers have been disappearing for hundreds or thousands of years
- I will stop telling people that the climate is getting more extreme, without producing any evidence
- I will admit that hurricanes are on the decline
- I will admit that severe tornadoes are on the decline
- I will admit that droughts were much worse in the past
- I will admit that efforts to shut down power plants have potentially very serious consequences for the future
- I will pay for my own tickets to tropical climate boondoggles like Cancun, rather than improperly using taxpayer money for political activism
- I will admit that there is no missing heat
- I will admit that temperatures have been cooling for at least the last decade
- I will publish the raw data and not lose it.
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Really Tough New Year's Resolutions for Climate Scientists!
H/T Real Science